Thursday, April 29, 2010

Family Night at New Ballet


Last night was family night at New Ballet Ensemble, and I love that they don't do recitals. I think it's nice that we all just show up and watch the kids dance in the big studio. Beautiful kids, beautiful dancing - neutron blue tutus not required. Honestly, Meredith would probably love to be in a recital and would love everything about a neutron blue tutu. But for the parents, I think this is preferable.

Mer's class did their nursery rhyme "brain dances" (they're all about core-distal and cross lateral--what?!) and then their "flamingo" dance. I need to apologize to Meredith, because when she talked about class in the preceding weeks--and wanted to practice at home--I corrected her and said "flamenco, honey." Wrong. Oh well, we still had fun dancing to the Gipsy Kings in the living room.

I mostly saw Mer's back, so I took a few pics of some other dancers...


No comments: