Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Big Kid School

Everybody starts school in April, right? Mer started Tue/Thur CLUE at Downtown Elementary this morning. There are about 5 weeks of school left, and she's only 4, so it's not as if it was terribly important to squeeze this learning opportunity into her young life. But. She is Meredith. And I've never seen her so excited about anything, in such a sustained and persistent way. When I talked to her about it and tried to assess how she would handle being the "new kid" and only knowing a few kids, she promptly reminded me: "Mom, I really like to meet new people." Right, babe.

Our church meets at Downtown Elementary, so the building will be familiar. Walt and Adam and Abby-from-ballet are in her class, so that will be good. Daddy is taking her to school, which I think ranks as high or higher as going to school at all. But frankly, I think I'm the only one who needed these reassurances. Thank goodness.

That's my girl - smiling so big she can't keep her eyes open.

2 comments:

The Wilhite Family said...

Oh my goodness, I was almost crying...too cute. How DOES it happen so quickly??!!

Chris said...

I know! I know! I am kinda cute, aren't I!