Thursday, March 11, 2010

11 Months

Madeline Jane was 11 months old this week. She also had at least 2 different illnesses this week, with a distinct possibility of 3. My baby is sick. Praise God, not sick in a life threatening way. But my baby is sick. A lot. And the doctor says that's normal for a second child. And her most distinctive characteristic is still her cheerfulness. So it's all going to be okay. But I'd say that our health to sick ratio on the year is at about 30/70 and I am tired of my baby being sick. I'm tired for her and I'm tired for me. Poor duck.

Enough of that! She IS cheerful: smiling at all, reaching for everyone, dancing to anything, laughing when others laugh. And so cuddly. Most parents of more than one kid have an uncuddly kid, right? Meredith was that way - never had time for snuggling, always using me as a springboard, pushing on to the next activity. (Now it's different). But Madi has time to snuggle. She crawls around the sofa or bed, always crawling back to me to rest her head near mine. Pretty endearing, to say the least.

Can't believe we're on the last lap of the first year.

No comments: