Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Birthday Party!

We had Meredith's 4th birthday at the Shell last Saturday. It was a "Pirates and Princesses" birthday, because the kids' show at the Shell that evening was "How I Became a Pirate." Folks, I love themes. They make life easy and fun. So we ran with it. Hopefully, I'll get around to posting some thoughts on what Mer is like as a four year old. However, I'm feeling swiney right now, so we're just going to show you what happened and plan to wax sentimental later.

Before the party had even begun, Mer had eaten enough watermelon to turn her cheeks pink. And get a somewhat crazed look in her eyes.

Chris dressed up as a pirate and, with a wee bit of encouragement from me, ran out of the trees and surprised the kids. It was great. A few kids were a little scared, and some kids that we didn't even know were NOT scared and wanted to tackle Chris, but overall, it was fun.

Pinata time. Again, kids I didn't know were in line for the pinata. Luckily no one was injured. As predicted, Mer took a purely symbolic swing at the thing and then was perfectly happy to let Walt, Miles and the other boys beat the stuffing out of it.

Clara seemed content to be a beautiful fairy princess, but didn't particularly want me to take her picture.

Miles was very effective in his efforts.

Serious pirates.

Apparently, Walt needed some quiet time. Well, we all did. That's the nature of a four year old's birthday party.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Meredith..looks like you had a really fun party !

angie c said...

What fun! I'm so sad Nora missed it. Freaking temperature. Always shows up at the worst times.

Happy birthday Mer!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Dan said...

Where can I get a puffy shirt like that?

Dan said...

Where can I get a puffy shirt like that?