Friday, July 25, 2008

Telling Stories

Meredith is living in story land lately, and it's one populated by monsters. Most of them are friendly, but obnoxious, and we must tell them to go away in very bossy voices. The most frequent visitor is one J-I-P-I-Poke. That's how you say it: each individual letter, followed by the word poke. Who are we to question the way monsters name their young?

Anyway, I picked Mer up from school today and decided we needed a Friday afternoon trip to the Cafe for a sprinkle donut. We got in the car and shortly thereafter, Meredith announced that J-I-P-I-Poke was following us. A one-sided shouting match ensued. After a few minutes, I asked what Mr. Poke wanted. "A donut," was the answer. I should have known.

Here's the face Mer makes when she's showing us what monsters are like. Obviously, this is one of the more mellow monsters.


Here's how she glows when she's telling a story.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that notices that in all this wonderfulness, there's NO explanation for that hat???!!!!

Unknown said...

um, mer is regularly dressing up in winter's warmest. that's all i've got.

Ginger said...

Who is this huge girl?!

Unknown said...

she is not huge. she's a tiny tiny baby.

Anonymous said...

E-I-E-I-O, perhaps? Is Mer a fan of old macdonald? J-I-P-I Poke. Brilliant!

Chris said...

sugar #1, that was another hilarious post. "who are we to question how monsters name their young." hilarious.

great pics, also.

she is an angle. angel.

Anonymous said...

i finally figured out what i love so much about picture #1: that is the face mer will make at boys.... (except waltie)

Anonymous said...

If only monsters were as cute as Meredith!! This is a fabulous photo!!