Thursday, May 08, 2008

Parenting the Surreal


So Walt and Meredith have been engaged in the Battle Royale this morning, and I'm almost powerless to stop the carnage. Here's what's going on. Walt is sitting on the (completely stationary) bouncy zebra toy. He is narrating a story to Meredith about what the zebra is doing as it races through the bedroom. For example "Now I'm racing over your blocks." Meredith is hysterical, because she doesn't want the zebra to "crash into her blocks."

Walt knows the zebra isn't moving. Meredith knows the zebra isn't moving. Walt knows he's making Meredith insane. Meredith knows that no one is actually crashing the blocks.

I'm at a loss. Thanks for letting me share. I've got an email out to Dali to see if he's got any parenting advice.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Kate, I'm at work. Just read the post. It's 11:50 a.m. I think Josh and I are going to the Peabody for lunch and then massages. Have a great day!

Ginger said...

As my wise mother always told me, when the boys are tormenting you, it means they like you. And I know he loves his Mer-Mer.

Anonymous said...

The day my dear grandaughter and precious Walt are compared to Dali I know there is definite need of a Gran there!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Mer Mer and Walt are not siblings?! They may be exasperating at times...but they sure are cute and sweet!