Thursday, January 31, 2008

Precious and Better

My daughter is precious. She is also a better girl than ever I was. I just put Walt and Mer in the bath. After undressing herself, Mer carefully picked up all her clothes, struggled to open the closet door, succeeded in doing so with one hand, and put the clothes in the dirty laundry basket. Then she came back, saying "Let-let-let me [the stutter will break your heart in TWO] put Walty's clothes away," and picked up all of his clothes, ducking twice for missed socks. At 32, I do not possess these standards. Nor do I pick up after others with such a willing spirit.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Great posts, hon. And YES, the st-st-st-stuttering IS breaking my heart. Every second.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.