Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Still Thankful

Yes, the Thanksgiving post has been seriously delayed, due to technical difficulties at the Lareau household. These technical difficulties might bring one to ask, "When I pay for my Comcast service, exactly what does this get me?" The answer, in my humble opinion would be, not much. Because despite the significant monthly expense, I'm still standing out on my (COLD) back deck every morning, holding the laptop at eye level, hoping desperately that WEST9976 hasn't password protected his signal yet, and that it will come in clearly if I hold the computer just so. So. Things for which I am not thankful: Comcast.

Also, I didn't take anywhere near as many pictures in Colorado as I would have liked, due to being a bit sickly. These are the best of the small lot. And it should be noted that some things were photo-prohibitive. Like our trip to the park when the windchill was about 8. That's right. 8. There were some great moments where Marme, Grandpa, Chris, Mer and I sprinted across the field, avoiding goose droppings, to "play" at lightspeed, and then sprinted back to the car. But if I'd taken pictures, I might not have my fingers anymore. You wouldn't want that.

Now, on a more positive note: Things for which I AM thankful.


Aunt Erin, Meridy in a great hat, and Hazel, the kitten.


The ever beautiful Cheyenne Mountain.


Great Grandma Poo's cozy home, and Marme Karen's kindness in putting up loads of wonderful Christmas decorations.


A husband who doesn't hesitate to look silly. Who, in fact, seeks out such opportunities.


Snow to start the holidays.


A brave daughter.


A sweet family.


Aunt Kayle...a wonderful friend to Mer.


More snow. And God's Christmas decorations. Cheesiness intended.

Thanks for sticking around for this long, and tardy, post.

No comments: