Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Breakfast Brilliance

Well, dear ones, we left the power cord to the Mac in Cali, so until that comes back to us, we'll have pictureless posts. Forgive me, please for this post. I'm the only person in my family who isn't a teacher, but it IS in the genes and I can't help being fascinated with the way her brain is developing.

I've mentioned before the way you can almost see Mer's wheels turning when she wakes up in the mornings. She's processed everything in her sleep, and she's ready to prove it. For a couple weeks, I've really been encouraging her to say some two word sentences...mostly things that involve "please." More, please. Yes, please. Help, please. It was so interesting me to watch her say the words one at a time...but to look at me like I was crazy when I put them together. Or, even more interesting, come up with some completely unrelated nonsense word when I tried to get her to repeat a two word sentence, and then look at me like she'd nailed it. Anyway, this morning when I asked her if she wanted more apple, she said "yes, please" as if it were incredibly normal. Precious.

Then when I was buttoning her buttons on her dress, and counting so that she would know she wouldn't have to stand there forever, she followed my "one" with her own "two." And, what with my own complete disinterest in numbers, I haven't been encouraging that at all. Even when toddlers are cutting their eye teeth, they can still be pretty cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOoooh, keddi loves it!