Sunday, January 28, 2007

16 Months!


Because I was too lazy to switch to the new version of blogger for a LONG time, some of you haven't been able to post comments. And heck, I haven't been able to post at ALL the last few days. So I got my act together and finally made the switch. Here's the delayed birthday post. Now comment away!

Look at me, actually doing a birthday post on her birthday! Trust me, it's not indicative of me getting my act together or anything along those lines. Anyway, you're not here to hear about my organizational skills. You're here to hear about the exploits of one Meredith Lareau, 16 month old.

For those of you still keeping up with Meredith's potential as a fly-weight boxer, here's her stats: she's in the 50th percentile for length (I guess we call it height, now that she's a toddler) and she's in the 25th percentile for weight. Her head still weighs in at a massive 90% of her body weight. Kidding, kidding. But that's the boring stuff. Let's talk about fun stuff. Meredith continues to show a lot of interest in music. She loves to play the piano she got for Christmas. It was entirely her idea to pull her little step stool up to the piano so that she could really get after it. What I really love is when she reaches behind her, while sitting at the piano, to start other noise making toys, and then continues playing the piano. Our own little one-woman band. What do you think, Tia Sarah? Does she have what it takes to follow in your musical footprints?


She's becoming a better eater. Stop the presses -- she actually ate some chicken today. The picture below is of Meredith eating her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Since I existed primarily on PB&Js for the first 13 years of my life, I felt this was significant. The bottle is officially a thing of the past, and it only mostly broke my heart when I realized she was completely done with the bottle and I would never get to give her another bottle before putting her to bed. Her first word every morning is cookie. I usually give her a banana instead and hope for the best. She is acknowledged, even by her adoring teachers, as being the most frequent begger in class, but she does have serious eating genes when you consider her mom and her Uncle Matthew.

So that's the news. Now that we have the fancy new Blogger, we'll try to keep your comments posted and the pictures fresh. Love to all!

4 comments:

Jesse Faris said...

I spy...Atlanta Bread Company!

Oh my dear, that picture of Meredith tickling the (colorful) ivories is classic! This undoubtedly will be the cover of her first album when she hits the big time.

Jesse Faris said...

PS: I posted a few weeks ago about your fave breakfast place...I am curious about it. How does it compare to Brother Juniper's? (That's OUR fave...)

Anonymous said...

YAHOO!

THO IT STILL SAYS YOU HAVE TO APPROVE OUR COMMENTS!SHE IS WONDERFUL!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she and Walt can form a band and be the youngest act ever at the Deli? (As long as they can take the stage by 6:30 so they can get to bed on time!)