Friday, June 30, 2006

9 Months!

Will you indulge me for a longer than usual post? 9 months is significant, after all. She's officially been out in the big, scary world for the same amount of time as she was safe inside of me. In the first few weeks of her life, I remember thinking how glad I was that I could see her and hold her and share her with everyone who loved her. But I also felt a really weird instinctual desire to have her right back inside of me. Because at least there, I knew exactly where she was, and taking care of her was just a matter of taking my vitamins and eating a well-balanced diet. Anyway, here we are in the big, scary world...so far, so good.



The above picture is representative of my attempts to take the requisite cute, posed picture of Meredith at 9 months. You'll see more attempts below. You'll also see some sleeping pics, cause that's the only time during the last 2 days that she's been still enough for me to take more than one quick shot.







So what's different about 9 months? Well, most importantly (because it ensures that we'll make it to future birthdays), Meredith now seems to be getting over her almost complete aversion to solids. It started with some scrambled eggs that Chris was having one day. She macadoodled those (um, that means "ate" in Chris-speak). Since then she's been loving the peaches and cereal--and pretty much anything else that we try. Like peanut butter. The girl loves the peanut butter. Good thing, since that's pretty much what we live on around here.



Meredith stands up a lot--she leans on everything and pulls herself up (often on my legs, which are covered with her little talon marks). She likes to walk when we hold her hands. She's still not interested in crawling, but I can't blame her. What's fun about that? Banged up knees on itchy carpet? No thanks. She's jabbering more and more and I think she's starting to give kisses. They're very wet and noisy, but she has lots of fun with it. She's also waving a lot and most of the time she picks up on the right times to do that all by herself. Bath time is a blast (we had our first "why would you ever make me get out of the bath" screamfest just this week) and she also loves her new pool (best seven bucks we ever spent).



That's the news. I feel like our baby won't truly be a baby for much longer, so thanks for indulging me.

4 comments:

angie c said...

She's beautiful Kate! I can't believe it's been 9 months. Gaush

Julie said...

She is so beautiful! And she looks like her hair is getting red! I have a friend who refers to turning nine months as "Inside-Out-Day," for when they have been on the outside longer than on the inside. So happy Inside-Out-Day Meredith!
And thanks for the Girl Meets God...I am done with it and will give it back to Angie before we leave this week. EXCELLENT read. I was skeptical from the cover, as I am not really a femi-nazi cheesy women's ministry lover kind of person. But is was very cerebral and even a little heavy for me at times. But I loved insights to her spiritual journey and it made me wish we had more rituals or traditions in our church when I read about all the Jewish stuff. I am going to buy my own copy and read it again, so thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»