Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursdays at Home


God blessed me with an understanding boss and a wonderful job. What's my point? I'll be working some flex-time from now on and staying home with Meridy on Thursdays. It is incredible what a difference a day makes! I feel more motivated than ever to do a good job at work and more blessed than ever to have more time with Mer.

So, here's what we did today. We started out by sleeping til 8. Chris is such a selfless husband and father that he even tip-toed around in order to let us rest while he got ready for work. Were I in his wing-tipped shoes, I probably would have been slamming drawers and pouting about having to go to work. Hey, I'm just being honest. Anyway, then we woke up and got some breakfast. Just for kicks, we tried some bananas. (We meaning Mer). Now these have been tried before in tiny amounts, but today's attempt didn't go as well as previous efforts. Mer looked like she'd either tasted something extremely sour or like she was going to throw up immediately. Or both. It was a sight.


So we ixnayed the naners and I ate my raisin bran.

Next we went for a really really really long walk. Meridy had time to enjoy the walk, fall asleep, and wake up and enjoy the walk again.



We took pictures of magnolia blossoms, and got some strange looks from passers-by. Whatever. (I just wanted to say "passers-by" -- it's grammatically pleasing).





Then we came home and hung out in the front yard, cause it was sunny and warm there.



And now Meridy is sleeping and I'm just enjoying the general feeling of well-being. Ahhh...Thursdays.

6 comments:

angie c said...

kate, that's great! and that rhymed. also grammatically pleasing.

what a difference a day makes. for some reason it's better than weekends off...just that middle of the week boost you need and you get to spend time with your baby!! how fun.

we miss ya'll.
ang

Anonymous said...

And as soon as it gets warm enough again, we'll have a little Walt and Meridy time at the pool on Thursdays! Can't wait . . .

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

All southern girls need their "sun-shades" (never heard them called that 'til I moved to TX), don't they Meridy? Thank goodness your mom tho't of that when you were only 3 mos.

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»