Thursday, April 11, 2013

Madeline is FOUR!

It seems that in the Sugg family (I can't speak for the Lareaus, so I'll go ahead and claim this genetic weakness) we prefer to lull folks into a false sense of security by skipping the terrible two's. We then drop the hammer at 4. Madeline is following suit and the hammer has been dropped. The last couple weeks she's been quite a piece of work. 


But let's be fair, it can be hard to be the baby. Sometimes you're expected to be all mature and 4-ish; sometimes your parents practically beg you to crawl into their laps and cuddle. Sometimes your sister lets you be the teenager in the living room dance recital; sometimes you're only allowed to be a kindergartner. 

Today I asked her a few questions about being 4. Favorite food? Mac n cheese and Doritos. No surprises there, my little health fanatic. Favorite thing to do? Dance with my sister and play with my whole family "in the world" (a phrase tacked on to things she feels passionate about). Least favorite thing to do? A quick answer: wait, sit down, listen. 


More news about the girl? She's in the 96th percentile for height and 76th for weight. She grew two inches in 2 months. I just pretty much don't buy pants. We'll stick with skirts and shorts until we plateau a bit. She's sounding out short words, writing her name, and counting about as high as she wants (though she's not partial to 30-33 for some reason). I love to watch her paint and color; she's good, and she creates beautiful things. She started soccer a few weeks ago and is taking off; she loves kicking the ball with her dad when they're at Rhodes, although (full disclosure) she has an equal love for climbing on the football training sleds on the sidelines. And she's still an incredibly loving, affectionate girl. Every once in awhile one of us catches her staring at us and asks "Madeline, why are you staring?" She answers, "Because I just love you so much." No kidding. 

We love you, too, Madz. 

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Madeline is in the 100th percentile in her hug-giving skills. They are WONDERFUL hugs. Love you, Madi!

keddi said...

Beauty and passion - so special! - and yes, Kate, I did warn you about the terrible fours - I thought I had it made - until you turned 4 - luckily Gramma Dot was right - it didn't last too long.