Sunday, April 24, 2011

And Now Presenting: Madeline at Two


I am late with this post because I've been chasing Madeline. And I have a hunch I'll be chasing her for years.


This will probably be our last stat report, so let me be sure to include it: she's in the 90th percentile for her height (50th for weight, and without going into detail, her head is still large). There are a few tall genes in our family, so it'll be fun to see if she's got them or not.

Let me tell you about the genes we already know she has: intensity, passion, humor. Yep, she's reminding me of Chris in a lot of ways. Madeline loves to connect with people; she seeks them out and makes jokes, laughs, pulls on them, etc. She has a LOT of love and hugs and sweetness. She feels strongly about things and is not easily dissuaded from her intentions (okay, that might be me). She is great at sharing. Except when she's not, and then she's really, really, really bad at it (even for a two year old).


She often calls us mommy-daddy (I've heard I did this). She says "thank you much." She does funny things with her eyes, very knowingly attempting and achieving hilarious results. She pouts better than any child in the history of the world. It is a powerful, powerful pout. And yes, I need to get a picture. She is potty training herself. And in case you ever heard of a child doing this and thought, "oh, wow, that would certainly make things easier," let me assure you that is NOT the case. She "reads" out loud to herself. She talks a lot in real words - but also likes to have conversations in pretend babble...Which is pretty fun.

She loves her sister, and her sister loves her. They are so good at comforting one another; coming running when the other is crying and patting backs and such. There are tea parties and school sessions and there is fury, but mostly there is fun.

She is very quiet and very loud. She dances without music. She runs incredibly quickly, very often in the wrong direction and very often away from me. She "draws" carefully; tiny circles and straight lines. Or, on the table. She's probably not going to be easy to parent. She's probably going to push us and stretch us and break us. And she'll be worth every minute of it.

6 comments:

keddi and papa said...

So true, so loving, and so worth every hilarious minute of anyone's time. We love her dearly.

erin lareau said...

can't believe she's already two! i wish we lived closer so i could know all these things about little miss madeline first hand.

Anonymous said...

Cutie baby girl ^^

Jason said...

Your baby is so cute! I'm trying to potty train my son. Should I wait for him to give me some kind of sign?

JLTan said...

Congratulations, Madeline! May God bless you.

The Wilhite Family said...

So sweet...teared up with the last sentence - thanks. Happy Birthday, Madeline!