Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Who's in Charge Here?


Last night I gave Meredith a big hug and said "Let's just stay right here. I think 5 is old enough. Is that okay?"

Now she's used to that kind of nonsense from her dad. But I'm usually the stoic. The practical one. So I got a speech from her. She pulled back and looked me in the eye, and gently explained:

I'm sorry Mommy, but I don't control that. Did Walty turn 6?

Yes.

Well then don't you think that I'm going to turn 6? And then 7? And then 8?

I promise, Mommy, it'll be okay.

Says who?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ain't that the truth.

David and Kedra said...

Well, all I can say is that you handled me the same way Kate and all we both need is family that understands and helps us. Thanks, Mer.

The Wilhite Family said...

That is so sweet.