Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Conversation


The pic above is from the LuvMud 5k this past weekend, where Meredith once again impressed me with her ability to roll with the punches. The day was much longer and hotter than we anticipated, and you and I both know that Meredith did not PLAN to be a part of the mud experience. But she rolled with it.

But what I'm really here to tell you about is a conversation. On the way home from school yesterday, Meredith started asking a lot of questions about war. I don't know where that came from, though I could guess their names rhyme with Balt and Badam. Anyhoo, the conversation stopped when we got home and unloaded the car, and I forgot about it. This morning we drove to school together. We were sitting silently at a red light when she said, "Now, Mom, let's get back to this war thing."

And we did. Cause I know I enjoy starting the day with a little Vietnam and Civil War education. Oy.

1 comment:

Tia S said...

I would love to sit in on a convo with Mamoo and Papa and Mer about war.