Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Biker Family


So, a few months ago we got all kitted out to be a biking family, thanks to Craig's List and the generosity of friends whose kids have grown (it happens). We have a seat for Madeline on the back of Chris's bike - or we have the option to put both girls in a trailer that Chris pulls on his bike. I'm not allowed to have anyone on my bike but me, because I fall over sometimes. Whatevs.


Yesterday we took a ride to Overton Park. Madi chilled on the back of Chris's bike and Meredith rode her bike there and back on her own. Not surprisingly (thanks, Mr. Murphy and your dang law), she did it all without incident... until she hit the tiny bump that leads into our driveway. Awesome to end the huge ride with skinned knees.

Overall, though, it was a great ride. And there will be many more.

5 comments:

The Wilhite Family said...

I think if you can take a picture while riding a bike, you could carry...never mind, enjoy the break!! Ride on Sherpa Chris!

The Wilhite Family said...

Oh, and even a man purse across his chest to boot - Love that Chris!!

Unknown said...

You're right, Amy. At least I didn't fall while taking the pic. I came close, but I held it together til later...when I was really just standing there.

Oh - and, eventually, the diaper bag started to cut off the blood supply to his arm :).

david and kedra said...

love those pics.

e. said...

meredith might be turning into a real cheeser! have no judgement on that, just sayin'. and, it's fun, cuz i'm really not sure who's side of the family it comes from...