Friday, May 07, 2010

Almost One Week Later


Last Saturday morning we were watching a white water river run past the dining room windows, a lake rise in the front and back yards, and a swimming pool take over our basement. Almost one week later, my amazing husband has repaired our water heater, laid new duct work for the air conditioner, moved all of our basement and garage belongings to the deck and backyard--and then back, and cleaned most of our world with bleach solution.

Friends, neighbors, and family have blessed us with food, childcare and help. God has given my husband supernatural plumbing and HVAC skills (you think I'm kidding). By tomorrow, things will be almost back to normal. So, somewhat obviously, all I can think about are the people one block over, on Angelus, who are still a long way from normal. And the people a few miles away, in Millington, who have weeks or months til normalcy. And the folks in Nashville, who probably won't get back to normal. Or, at least, normal will be different.

I'm grateful to understand a TINY fraction of what flood can do. I hope it helps me to be more intentional in the way I help in similar situations in the future.

1 comment:

erin lareau said...

Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayers! I am SO glad things are almost back to normal!!