Saturday, January 23, 2010

Walt and Mer

This year's attempt at the annual Christmas program Walt and Mer picture.

If there's one thing I've discovered through parenting, it's that gender differences are much more nature than nurture -- and I hadn't really expected that. I had always suspected that girls played with dolls and boys played with trucks because that's what they were given. And while that's certainly true to some extent, it cannot be denied that Meredith would weave accessories from dryer lint and broken twigs, if necessary, and Walt would invent Transformers if they weren't already a multi-million dollar industry. So. As they get older they have a little less in common, and that's natural. But it's good to know that sometimes, when no one is watching, they still have a truly fabulous time together.

Laughing hysterically on the top bunk.

4 comments:

tia s said...

I want in on that fun!!

Ginger said...

So true, so true . . .

Anonymous said...

'Scuse me dear Kate-what could possibly be wrong with lint pics? I am saving lots to send!!!!
Love to ALL, hope to see you soon-am sure you have heard about the great news from Houston-so reminds me of the witch in 'Oz'-to quote, "I'm shrinking, I'm shrinking!'-remember? Love that movie-take care dearies, love you lots!!! Me, ddc xo

keddi said...

so glad to see those keddi genes coming thru - totally closed eyes when she laughs - this is not a good thing when one is driving tho - be prepared.