Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We're All 35 Now [Strike That. Some of Us are 35. Some are 34. And Kate Still Laughs at Numbers.]

Good heavens. Spickler is the baby of the group [editor's note: actually, he's not] and he's 35. He wanted to go to Montgomery Bell State Park, so we did. (It was, after all, a good idea).

They plotted.

And performed.

They did not plot.

Grownups plotted to read. They did very little of that.

Grownups plotted to eat. They did quite a lot of that.

She was heartbroken when Walt decided a hike didn't sound like fun.

She recovered and played in the creek.

She fell in the creek.
The End.

6 comments:

grace thomas said...

Little careful Meredith fell in a creek!? I am amazed. Somehow she still looks like a graceful ballerina after tumbling in.

Ginger said...

Uh, Kate? You realize that you and I are actually still 34, right? I know math is not your favorite subject, but don't age us prematurely, please!

Unknown said...

I thought you guys were going to a state park and stay in a rustic cabin... these pics do not show that at all. Looks like a fun trip!
beth

keddi said...

Gigi is right, dear heart, but genetics are what they are and we must just do the best we can.

What adorable children! Meredith's picture is a keeper, for sure!

Unknown said...

here's how my brain works: i kind of had an inkling that my numbers were off, but didn't care enough to go further with that thought. and it wasn't even a difficult one. 34 it is!

and josh is no longer the baby, as of today!

Cheryl said...

I still have my "Class of 85" shirt, too. I remember that the printer messed up one of the letters of my name on the back, and we were supposed to wear the shirts the very next day.

My mom drove all over the place until we found green letters and did some cut and splice work to my name until it read correctly "CHERYL". Aren't moms the best? Thanks for the memory (cue Kate shaking her head at me for remembering that...)