Sunday, June 07, 2009

Madeline Jane at Two Months

I just remembered how I used to do monthly posts for Meredith, and since I don't want Madeline to have any second-is-second-best-complexes, I figure I need to do some documenting.

I have to admit that it IS a little funny to read this post from Mer's two month milestone. I mean, I think I was being slightly tongue in cheek when I actually used the phrase "puddles of tears," but only slightly. Needless to say, it's not like we're less in love with Madeline. But it's a more peaceful love. I remember that for a few months after Meredith was born, I felt a sort of crazed need to have her back in the womb, because I felt she was safer there. Not so, this time. I'm not saying I'm not crazy, but it's a different kind of crazy.

Enough of that. Here are some two month pictures.

For the record, Madeline is bigger than Meredith was at this point, but other than that, this all feels very familiar. She's a content girl who smiles, sleeps well (already squeezing in some 5 hour stints), and only screams occasionally. Thanks to Gigi for letting me use the portrait lense (and also for chasing Meredith over hill and dale tonight to bring her back to the fold, though that has less to do with this particular post).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate and Chris, so glad to see these pictures of Madeline smiling. I can't wait to hold her! What a precious angel!
I'm getting everything ready for your arrival and am so thankful that you are able to come for a visit. You don't know how much it means to all of the Petries. Of course we have big plans to take Mer-Mer to The North Pole and have a cook out in Cheyenne Canyon. Maybe some fishing in Green Mountain Falls. Love you All, Marme

keddi said...

That baby puts the Gerber babies to shame!! How beautiful!

Stephanie said...

It's just so different the second time, isn't it? Not better or worse, just very different.

We enjoyed seeing all of you Saturday. Your girls are gorgeous.

e. said...

pretty girls! miss you! xoxo

The Wilhite Family said...

What a beautiful baby and beautiful photography. I especially like the last one!

Lisa said...

She looks so much like her daddy in that first picture! Precious.

erin lareau said...

Too sweet!! Looking forward to spending time with you guys next week!!