Wednesday, March 04, 2009

We Love Snow -- and Nora


This time we got real snow. I could complain about how the REAL snow always seems to hit Memphis when you're well and truly ready for spring, but I won't. Anyhoo, this was thick, fluffy inches of snow and it fell for hours. It started Saturday, and we drove through it to Nora's third birthday. It continued through the night, and we had plenty to play in by the time we ventured out into the cold.

Nora prepares to make a wish.

Nora and Mer jumping. Or something. Who knows.

We squint when we smile.

The Mulherin boys eat snow. Don't worry, boys, I have pictures where you look awesome, too.

Midtown snowman.

Marshall catches air.
Fly boy Parker.

Mer braves the sled. It took some convincing to get her to try it...and then again to get her to stop. The world's most cautious child conquers fear yet again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate: Chris told me about this blog the other day. What a wonderful gift this is/will be to your children. You are a truly gifted writer. Now that our children are grown visiting this site is a wonderful trip down memory lane for me. I look forward to my next visit.

e. said...

i like the midtown snowman. oh, memphis... how dear you are!

Chris said...

what the. where are the pictures of me catching sweet air of that kicker?

Ginger said...

Great pictures, Kate!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute beanie Meredith has on ;) Just in time for the snow...perfect!