Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Obligatory Rock Band Post

So if you read many family blogs, I'm betting you've seen some folks of all ages making fools of themselves while playing Rock Band. I see no reason to excuse my own family from this humiliation. And to be fair, I think I've got at least one ridiculous picture of myself. Also, I offer my sincere apologies for not getting a picture of Chris covering the Clash. Honestly, I figured he'd do that one about 100 times. I was wrong, and I'm bummed.

I find some solace in the fact that I captured Uncle Dan Dan taking his guitar skills REALLY seriously.


To be fair, all legitimate rock stars take themselves seriously. See below.

The drumming was fairly pathetic. Not so serious at all. Aunt Erin actually has mad skills on the drums, but it ain't in the Lareau genes.

But that's okay. When you rock, it's more about the attitude than the skills. And we got that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last pic.: 2 girls who are obviously too pretty to qualify as Rock stars - but it sure looks like a good time - even tho when you "talk Rock" Kate I don't ever know what you're talking about!

Chip said...

Do it, Spickler. You know you want it.

Anonymous said...

Josh - it's totally worth it. We were rocking last night at our friend's house who has a projector. Your wife will totally forget about killing you because she'll be rocking so hard (There's a couple of G 'n R songs on there). In fact, don't just get rock band, get a projector and hook the whole rig up to your surround sound. It's pretty much just like being on stage at Madison Square Garden. EPIC doesn't begin to describe it.

And Kate, yes - really. I do take my guitar skills seriously.