Thursday, January 08, 2009

Dizz Knee Land


Anybody else remember DaDa? I liked that band.

Now that I've dated myself, I'll show you the Disney Land pics. It was a great time. I'd only been to Disney World in the past, and enjoyed the smaller park. I mostly enjoyed the fact that Meredith could have left the park happy after the first thing we did, which was take our picture with Mickey. (I'd like to thank Chris for squatting down a bit, so that I look not only large in girth, but also like an Amazon woman. Fabulous.)

She would also have been content to leave, and perhaps die happy, after going on "It's a Small World."

The carousel had to be ridden twice.

The princess dress had to be worn as soon as it was purchased and on a daily basis thereafter (thanks Marme--no, seriously). I like this one: The Princess on the Garbage Can. Note glass slippers.


The Penn State marching band came through at one point. Pretty cool.

The holiday parade at the park was nothing short of amazing. I gotta say, $70 for a day at the park ain't cheap, but you do see incredible things. Like spinning munchkin elves.

Tired, happy Lareau family. We were there about 12 hours. Who needs naps? Gangster Mer Mer gives a shout out to all.

6 comments:

The Wilhite Family said...

Ok, I can't stop laughing...but Kate, you have to remember that you are standing next to a mouse and mice are tiny!!!

Anonymous said...

Hon,
Mama was just so proud you were no longer too shy to have your picture taken with Mickey that I didn't even notice the "size thing".

Anonymous said...

Hon,
Mama was just so proud you were no longer too shy to have your picture taken with Mickey that I didn't even notice the "size thing".

The Cogan's said...

What a great fun post !

Julie said...

You look great, first off!! No amazon woman there!

My mom is from Camarillo (near LA) and when I was little my grandaddy used to take me on It's A Small World and I remember sitting in that little boat or car thing and feeling the same way...I loved it!!! I am so glad that is still wowing the little ones!

Chris said...

i want to go back. that was a fun day. it really is the most magical place on earth. great couple of posts, hon.