Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Camping Post / Also, the Meredith is No Longer an Only Child Post

So we went camping last weekend with the Conways. It was great. And yet I'm just now posting. Because let's face it; I am still not feeling so great, and blog posting just doesn't spring to mind on a regular basis these days. And that makes me a little sad. I realize that this is a bit sentimental, but I can't help recognizing that things are already changing for Meredith. Attention is already shifting away from her, and onto Il Bambino (which is how I keep referring to the baby in my mind--I have no idea why). Whether it's the fact that I can't dance with her 'cause I feel seasick, or the fact that I'm not recording her adventures here, 'cause I'd rather lie quietly with my eyes closed...the times they are a'changing.

Honestly, given the choice, I think Mer would eagerly trade my dancing and an overly detailed biography for another human with whom to discuss her favorite topics. All's well that ends well, and sentimentality is just a hazard of the parenthood industry.

Here are the girls in their favorite spot, enjoying their Saturday morning coffee.

It's lovely to have musical friends. Kevin and the girls performed a few different rocking renditions of the classic "Twinkle Little Star." Another favorite that weekend was the lesser known "Zaccheus was a Wee Little Man."

This is how I found Meredith after our hike. She was totally faking. It's fun when kids successfully trick you and make you laugh. Rare, but fun.

Angie took this picture of Nora and Meredith. Sweeties.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You let your daughter drink coffee? I'm all for more people getting addicted to coffee but I think I'd have to draw the line with anyone younger than 6.

I have to say I'm a big fan of 'Zaccheus'. In fact, I was encouraging my friend Shawn, who is a little guy that plays guitar, to start a punk band called "Sycamore". Pretty good, huh? Sycamore. Cause he's a little guy.

Unknown said...

There's a small possibility that they were actually drinking hot chocolate.

Also, I bet Shawn thinks you're hilarious. But it IS clever.

Anonymous said...

Glad you felt well enough to write.
I remember those early pregnancy days and quiet is what you want. I saw your Uncle Paul and Aunt Judy at a diner in Rockwall last Saturday. So good to see them. I was there with Suzanne Roberts and Trey's son Tripp and Stacy's girls, Chloe, Lilly and Bella. T.O. friends are friends for life wouldn't you agree? Love you, Linda