Wednesday, July 02, 2008

It Was a Good Day


This is one of those posts that she'll hate me for someday. Whatever.

This morning, Mer wanted to wear big girl undies to school. Totally her idea. Not one to squelch independence and optimism, I said "great idea!" and put a change of clothes in her tiny pink back pack. When I picked her up, her smocking was still in place and she was a glowing success.

As if this weren't enough, Mer got to go bridesmaid's dress shopping with her Aunt Beth and bride-to-be Britton. She reported that her favorite one was blue. But perhaps loveliest of all was the Frosty that Aunt Beth bought her. She shook with glee as she ran in the house to show me the melted remains.

And that, friends, is a good day for a 2 year old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's our girl!! A treasure!

The Wilhite Family said...

Heck, any day that ends with a Frostie sounds marvelous to me (and I'm a little older than 2)!! What a success!
Amy