Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Happy Parties and Sick in Texas


It's been a VERY busy week. Meredith's happy party was last Monday, and was a good time, we thought. She seemed to think so too.

Notice the cute tiny little animal candle holders. Provided by Marme. Meredith loved them.


Opening presents with Aunt Beth. Already wearing one her presents, a "so cute" shirt from Gigi.


Olly running, post-sugar fix.


You try taking a picture of 4 toddlers.


This is the best of a lot, but Mer looks slightly crazed as she yells 'cheese' for the 35th time. That's okay, we'll take one for the team and let the other toddlers look good.


Walt and Meredith had an agreement about opening the presents together. He had more skills, and she knew it.


Then it was off to Texas for the wedding of practically family, Rachel Willis. It was beautiful, and so good to see so many old friends. These girls have been my friends since kindergarten. Some since before kindergarten. I'm a lucky girl.


Meredith was sick the whole time we were there and REALLY sick for part of the trip. But it's incredible what Tylenol can do for a kid. I mean, one minute she was shivering and crying and as pathetic as I've ever seen her. 20 minutes later she was insanely happy and torturing the cats. Tylenol barely helps my headaches, much less affecting a 180 like it does with her. I'm jealous.

Aunt Judy teaches Meredith how to use her "petting finger" -- the pinky finger -- thereby ensuring gentleness with Emmy Lou, the kitten. Is my aunt a genius, or what?


Meredith and Uncle Paul get along famously. Here, I tried to divert Meredith from her usual gullet grabbing cheese chant. I told her to put her hand on her head. I guess the result is not much improved.


Here's Meredith sharing with her great grandmother Florence. Flo greatly appreciated her generosity.


Now we're home. We're still recovering. We're taking lots of naps. Some of them pretend, some of them very real.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun! We adore the child and her mother!!

Mitzi said...

I love the picture of her biting into the cake! Priceless!

angie c said...

We were so sad we missed the party. Sorry Meredith was sick. We've been battling some of that in the Conway house as well. Hope to see you Sunday. My parents will be in town...can't wait to see what the parentals think of church. . .