Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wishing You (totally inappropriately) a Happy Mardi Gras!



It's pretty tacky to wish you a happy Mardi Gras on Ash Wednesday. But we had a little Mardi Gras gathering at the Huddleston's this weekend, and this is my first chance to post. Holly (mother of the 2 in the picture that are not Meredith) made gumbo from scratch -- including the roux. AND she made beignets! We ate like kings. So even if you're not comfortable celebrating Mardi Gras today, surely you can celebrate a mother of 2 who stands over a hot stove making roux.

3 comments:

the robertsons said...

And it was soooooo good! Holly is amazing!

Anonymous said...

YAY! for Holly - and yay! for little bowheads!

Jesse Faris said...

I just had roux for the first time this weekend (at least, the first time I was aware of it)...yummm! I am not only impressed that you know what it is already, but that you know how to SPELL it too! (Or maybe I'm just behind the times...!)