Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Advent

Merrrrrry Christmas! The boys helped us put the Christmas tree up again this year. We took a somewhat different decorative route than in years past, choosing the safer option of tying bows directly to the tree. That craziness of tiny hooks which allow the ornament to simply hang from the branch doesn't work with toddlers. Or, at least, my life will be easier if I don't try to make it work. Anyway, here's the annual Christmas pic of the whole gang.


We made Christmas cupcakes that night and, in the spirit of holiday giving, allowed Meridy to tear into her very own cupcake. She was happy to oblige, with much encouragement from the boys.


After decorating the tree, the hubby and I hit the road for a quick trip to Cali for the 80th birthday of Chris' dear Grandma Poo. My parents were kind enough to come to our house and keep Mer, so Chris and I enjoyed peaceful flights involving lots of sleeping and reading...just like the old days. Thanks, Gran and Papa. And Happy Birthday, Poo. We love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yippee! I am happy to see the bows on your tree and how great they turned out! I tentatively have decided that's what we're doing to our tree in this year in the absence of ornaments that we own "together." I just bought ribbon yesterday so I'm committed!

Anonymous said...

Tarian (?) is looking like a future somebody -- Movie Star? Lawyer? Doctor?

Keep holding him up. He's going somewhere.

God bless you for all you do.

And for letting Mer get into that cupcake.