Monday, November 13, 2006

Mama and Daddy

Sometimes you just need your Mama and Daddy. Nope, I'm not talking about Meredith. I'm talking about me. After several hellacious weeks at work, I was fried. Burnt to a crisp. Toast. Enough bad food metaphors, you get the idea.

But they came to town and suddenly my life was full of barbecued chicken and grilled veggies (credit to brother), Saturday morning donuts (credit to husband), fancy dinners out (credit to Mom's bday) and lots of good advice (credit to Dad). Work is still hellacious, but that precious gift of perspective has returned.

Oh, and did I mention the joys of a house full of baby watchers?



I love my mama and daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! wasn't quite ready for that, dear one.
love,
your mama

angie c said...

Your parents are so sweet! That brought a tear to my eye. . .gosh.

So good to see them, and you, Sunday. We've been missing you. Meredith is 2 cute. . .