Sunday, October 01, 2006

One Year!


Meredith trying on her new hoodie. Thank you Suggs!


Meredith knows that she likes the tissue paper that comes with presents.


But she's not entirely sure about the presents themselves. (Trust me, she warmed up to this one when she saw the play phone inside. Thank you Cogans--this one is a huge hit!)


This is Mer in her party dress, post sippy-cup encounter. But still, have you ever seen a partier party dress?


Mer got a party at school too -- but the best pictures are of her with her truck. I'm told that Mer is the only only one in her class that has figured out how to ride it. I bet they tell that to all the parents.


Looks like a pretty good life.

When you first find out you're pregnant, you can't imagine what labor will be like. When you give birth, you can't even imagine what the next two days will be like. At no point along the way have I been able to imagine that I would have a one year old. A toddler! But it's true. She's toddling. Just a step here and there...but it's obvious where she's headed with this.

I feel a lot of pressure to wax philosophic about this birthday, but I'm going to keep it simple, because I've never been a big fan of birthdays. So, simply put, there's more Meredith to love every day: more talking, more hugging, more laughing. And it is such a blessing to watch her become whoever it is that she's going to be.

Thank you to everyone who made Meredith's first year, and first birthday, a blessing.

No comments: