Sunday, October 15, 2006

Friday Night Lights


We went to the Booker T. Washington High School football game Friday night to spend some time with Taurean and see Robert march in the band. We went with the Spicklers (who tutor Robert's brother) and some other Streets tutors. It was a great time--and Meredith and Walt decided that there may not be better dancing music than that of a marching band.

Pre-Game: Aunt Gigi cares for both children while I (background) stuff my face.

T helps Meredith walk.
(She doesn't seem to believe that she really CAN do it on her own. Guess Vacation Land really was magic).

I beat T badly in our ping pong game.
(What? You weren't there. I could have. It was close).

Robert takes his marching seriously. As he should, cause that band is seriously cool. Can I just say how proud I am of both my boys? Thanks.

If you haven't been to a high school football game lately, go. I had forgotten how much fun it could be. In one half (couldn't stay for the whole game with kids in tow) we saw several INCREDIBLE plays. And BTW ended up winning by one touchdown in the last 6 seconds of the game to preserve their perfect record. That's good stuff. Beats watching the Cowboys (I say that with love in my heart and I don't want any comments from anyone who doesn't also love the Cowboys, but seriously yall, that Philly game kicked my butt).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mama has spoken to you about the use of the b word, Kate.

Robert,
saxophone - just like Uncle David!! We are so proud!!

Unknown said...

Mama -- Sorry I said butt.

Everyone -- Sorry, I dogged the 'Boys. They kicked Houston's butt.

Love you Mom :).