Tuesday, March 28, 2006

6 Months!



Happy half-year to Jubilee (that's her celebration name -- every kid should have one). We haven't had the 6 month check up yet (and anyway, we all know that "check up" is just a euphemism for "shots" at this age) so I don't have any stats for you. Basically, though, she's still long and skinny and she still has a bald spot on the back of her head. Her eyes are really dark blue-grey. It's a very cool color, and we're not entirely sure from whence it came. Marme Lareau and Papa Sugg both have blue eyes, but--if it sticks--Mer's got her very own hue of blue. Her hair has a reddish tint -- and that's obviously from her mom (who we think got it from her childhood neighbor Amber, cause red hair ain't exactly common in the Sugg clan and Kate's didn't even have a hint of red when she was young. It's a coiffure mystery and I'm sure I've already gone on far too long about it). No freckles have developed yet, but for her own sake, we hope they do. Cause everyone knows that freckles get a girl out of trouble.



What else can I tell you? She's working hard on sitting up, but would still really prefer to stand. She still focuses a lot of energy on stripping her feet of anything that might possibly keep them warm. She's taken to chewing on her lower lip -- just in case we weren't absolutely sure that she was teething. And she's still making those baby monster noises that I've mentioned before. She laughs sometimes when we sing to her and sometimes she seems to realize that she's being tickled. BOY is her dad ready for some serious giggling in reaction to his tickle attempts. She continues to (for the most part) go to sleep when we put her in her crib and not wake up til 5:45 the next morning. Sure, we'd prefer 6:30, but we're not complaining. Meredith is fascinated with our food but still doesn't really want any for herself. And finally, we think it's worth noting that she loves to be read to and seems to be paying a weird amount of attention both the pictures and the stories (I mean, for a six month old). Of course, sometimes she also wants to chew on the book -- but she waits til the end to get vehement about it.

So that's the news from the land of Jubilee. Thanks for checking on her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 Months, Meredith!! Those pics are precious! She's a future super model with that frame! It is so exciting to see her personality coming alive! I can't say I agree about the freckles thing because I still managed to find trouble :)

Anonymous said...

What a b-yoo-tiful girl!! Happy half-year, Mer!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing!! She is so happy and healthy!!(and beautiful!)

Anonymous said...

the above comment was actually from GRAN I have no idea where raon came from???????????????

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Chris & Kate,

This is Brad from Dallas, your friend from a long time ago. Allyson Armstrong gave me the link this site, so I thought I would say hi. Congratulations on having a beautiful baby girl! She is quite a blessing, and I wish you both the best of luck as new parents. I think yall will do great!

angie c said...

Is that the Brad Currey from ACU? Kate, how do y'all know him? Hey Brad, it's Angie (Fuller) Conway. So crazy how people are connected...
You should look at our blog www.kevinandangie.blogspot.com
and see our new baby, too!

Anyway, I've been slacking...what a cutie she is. I see her in person so I haven't looked at your blog as often as I want. Love y'all...