Sunday, January 29, 2006

My Pesky Left Arm



Hey guys - I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing developmentally. All is well, as far as a I can tell. I'm getting really good at rolling over on one side. If it weren't for my pesky left arm, I would have rolled all the way over days ago. Really folks, how am supposed to get over that thing? It's not a very ergonomic process, if you ask me. But hey, I can make lemonade out of lemons and I'll figure it out one of these days.

I'm also teething. It's not so bad. It makes my appetite kind of weird and sometimes I don't feel so hot, but it's no big deal. And if it means I can start eating french fries like my friend Virginia and cheesy toast like my friend Walt, I'm willing to take the pain.

Life has been good the last week or so cause we've been visiting a lot of friends. Apparently these visits have something to do with the fact that mommy melted some of my bottles and the house doesn't smell very good. Whatever. I haven't minded, cause I've gotten to hang out with lots of great people and their pets. I spent half an hour this morning staring at cat named Sophie. Mom says it was a stare-off.

Anyway, we'll be home again soon and I think mom and dad will be relieved about that. Just between yall and me, I would say that I've handled this whole thing with a bit more grace than they have. But they're young. They'll learn.

So that's about it from the Meredith Lareau front. I'm pretty sure I have to go to the doctor this week for my 4 month appointment. Mom tries to keep quiet about these things, but I know who pokes sharp objects in my thigh and it's the D-O-C-T-O-R. I'm sure mom will tell yall all about that later this week. Not really newsworthy material, if you ask me.

Love yall!
Meredith

P.S. Here's a picture of me and dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith, I'm so glad we knew youwere going to be a girl so you got so many pretty pink things!! You always look so cuddly and rosy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith!

You guys should come for a sleep-over more often -- that was fun! Whenever I go to get my check-up, it's always the N-U-R-S-E who gives me shots. I don't like her very much. Just try to think happy thoughts.

Your friend,
Walt