Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Adventures in Infancy


Today was so much fun! We stopped to smell the roses (thanks Grandma Karen!), went on a journey in a wildly uncomfortable car seat and tried out our baby rocker for the first time. Meredith continues to amaze us (on this, her 1 week birthday) with her amazing mellowness. You need me to wait a few minutes to eat? No problem. You're going to scrunch my arm to get this car seat strap around me? Fine. It would be super convenient if I'd sleep for a few hours now? Okey-doke. What a girl...

SAFETY FIRST?
ROCKIN' BABY

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no baby expert but I'm pretty sure you're doing the car seat thing wrong. I mean c'mon, look at the picture. She's not even buckled in yet and it already looks like you're trying to pop her head off. Here's a hint: loosen the straps a little.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little bundle you guys got. God is so-o-o good.

I can't wait to get out there and hold her. Give her some hugs and kisses for me.

Anonymous said...

That pic with the flowers is an award-winning photo.
Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I wake up each morning thinking about little Meridith. I wish I could be there to hold her, to see her grow day by day. She is such an angelface, I could absolutely eat her up. I'm crazy about babies, eapecially yours. I'm so happy that she is a mellow and content infant. There's nothing as satisifying in life than a little one secure and peaceful in the arms of her mother. It doesn't get any better than that in this life. May you soak up all the love she brings to your lives.

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Uncle Dan -- you're doing it exactly right. Loose straps do not a safe baby make! And don't worry -- she'll grow into the carseat before you can blink your eyes!