Sunday, January 16, 2011

Peaceful Painting



There is not much as peaceful as when Meredith and I work together at the dining room table, both totally absorbed in what we're doing. Lately, we've been discussing Jackson Pollack. I don't know how he came up in conversation; we absolutely do not sit around having erudite discussions about artists and their work. But somehow he did come up, and Meredith is fascinated and genuinely loves to look at his work online. I have to say, I'm grateful that she has not yet started incorporating his drip technique into our home painting sessions.

And just for fun, here's my new blog. It's a 365 project - I'm taking a picture from the same upstairs window everyday this year. It's terribly boring, and probably won't even approach fun or interesting until we're further into the year and I do a slideshow. But I'm enjoying it. So in case you are incredibly bored, or need just one more thing to distract you from what you're supposed to be doing, here it is: http://windowview365.blogspot.com/.

No comments: