Monday, May 26, 2008

A Little Madness in the Spring...


I've been remiss in not posting more often, but something about the rising humidity has made me hesitant to strap on the Nikon and catch the adorable temper tantrums and fist fights that have been our lot of late.

I'm exaggerating a bit. It hasn't been that humid.

Yup, our Meredith J. is really feeling her oats lately, and thinks nothing of making her wishes--or just her presence--known. Adults enjoying conversations that don't center on her will be reminded of their priorities either by a gentle request to "please stop talking," a subtle change in topic, "let's talk about monsters," or my favorite, a high pitched squeal that lasts until your attention focuses on the noisemaker. Also fun to observe is the developing relationship between Walt and Mer, which is currently causing the parents to wonder, "is this much time together actually a good idea if they begin to fight like siblings?" Jury is still out on that; we'll keep you posted.

During the lapse in my blogging, I took time to enjoy the wall of roses in the backyard, the probable end of a beautiful spring, the best meal I've ever had at the BBQ fest (thanks, Brady!), the fabulous downtown farmers market, an afternoon of good crawfish and great friends (thanks, Amy!), and several not so shabby meals on our own deck. Almost summertime...and the livin' is easy.


Walt, hold my bow and I'll show you something cool.


See, you can wash your hair in the Riverwalk.


Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well..., that could all make keddi and papa a little nervous...thank godness it's just a stage...