Friday, September 07, 2007

Happy 10th


Yesterday was our 10th anniversary. And I don't care how you count, that makes us old. But happy.

Chris completely surprised me with a new camera. See how Mer is out of focus, but the flowers are in focus? Now that's mostly just cause I don't know what I'm doing, but with the other camera, Mer's movement would probably have caused the whole thing to be out of focus. I don't really want to retire Old Bessie (the other camera) cause she's been a good camera, but I look forward to learning lots more with Gerta. That's the new one. I just came up with that, but I think it fits. I think we had a car named Gerta once...a Volkswagen Fox. Or is it Foxx? At any rate, I love my husband, I love my camera, and I love my daughter.

It's been a good 10 years. Oh...and on second thought, that Volkswagen's name was Liesl. She was a beaut.

7 comments:

Ginger said...

What a cool photo -- you've had your camera for a day and you're already better at it than me! You'll have to teach me your tricks. Happy anniversary to one of our very favoritest couples!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! You can't possibly be old enough to have been married 10 years already because that would mean I am way old! :-) Oh well...mid 30's is the new 20, right?

The Cogan's said...

Happy anniversary and way to go Chris for the super gift !

Amber, Brian, and Bryson said...

Happy 10 years!! Sounds like you guys had a sweet day!

the robertsons said...

Wow! 10 years!?! I can't believe that- did you guys get married at 15? Looking forward to many more great photos with your new snazzy camera.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary from one who witnessed the happy occasion. I remember your mom and dad both walked you down the asile and that was very emotional to me. You are a sweet couple of kids and I so enjoy keeping up with your life through Meredith's blog. Enjoy your new camera and the next 60 years of marriage.
Love you, Linda (Doyle)

Dan & Erin said...

New camera and Greta aren't going to do it for me. I need the technical details; what are we talking here, Rebel XTi? 10 Megapixels? What kinda lens are we we working with? By the way I've got the water case for Bessie if you want to take her to Costa Rica along with Greta.