Tuesday, May 01, 2007

19 Months!


19 month old baby girls are like roses...Okay, not really. Really, I just wanted to show you the roses in our backyard. Actually, 19 month old baby girls are like this:


Every child has to have an embarassing spaghetti picture.

I'm not feeling particularly inspired this month, perhaps because I'm still recovering from a vile stomach bug that my darling MJ brought home to me. So I'll tell you these simple things: she climbs on EVERYTHING. She is not content if she's not climbing. Previously entertaining tasks are now only rewarding if performed atop a perch of some sort. We're working on the following phrase: "That's not safe." I'll let you know when progress is made.



But if we're outside and there's relatively little to climb on (or only playground equipment that was built for stability around toddlers), all is well. On Sunday, we went to the park while Daddy went to soccer. We were blessed to find a drum circle just getting started and we stayed for hours. After awhile, Mer got access to her own little drum and she couldn't stop making my favorite new noise..."woooohhhhh". It was a good day. Almost all of them are!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love 'em!! But I like the last one best because she's more baby looking. Much as I love those little shorts, she looks awfully grown-up, with her long legs.
love,
keddi
PS. how wonderful to have those roses! They're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you would let your 19 month old daughter hang around a drum pit for hours. Look at the size of the spliff that guy with the Ethiopia hat has.

Here's a close up

Unknown said...

What's a spliff, Uncle Dan?
Love,
Meredith

Chris said...

Uncle Dan,

That's how we roll em' in Memphis. Pato and Roger come again, come again?